Advisor Agreement Form
Dear Faculty/Staff Advisor,
The Student Government Association (SGA) would like to thank you for volunteering to serve as advisor to one of our registered student clubs and organizations. We sincerely appreciate your commitment to supporting co-curricular student involvement on campus.
Student organizations play a critical role in the Thiel College experience. Our organizations provide unique opportunities for students to gain practical skills, develop lasting relationships, engage in service to the community, and to enhance the out-of-class experience. As an advisor, your role is equally important. Advisors serve our organizations by helping to build organizational skills amongst the members, provide continuity during transitions, render knowledge about history and tradition, set and achieve goals for the organization, and to accomplish many other tasks. Your dedication is not only beneficial to the student organization and its members, but it should also be very rewarding for you.
All recognized student organizations must have a faulty or staff advisor that is employed by Thiel College. In special cases, the College will direct certain organizations to use an appropriate advisor. These individuals may be chosen because of their capabilities in a specific area, or because of the nature of the organization. In such cases, the student organization shall follow the guidelines of the advisor assigned. In all other cases the organization may select a qualified faculty/staff advisor on their own.
Responsibilities of an advisor to the college:
1. The advisor to a student organization must be familiar with college and student government policies and procedures (and the policies of the organization he/she advises).
2. Thiel College recognizes the role of advisor to be that of a consultant or resource person. Therefore, with the assumption and completion of the duties and obligations outlines herein, he/she should be assisting the organization's members to be accountable for their conduct.
3. Because academic success is the primary reason for our students being here, the advisor may also wish to work closely with the students concerning their academic progress.
Responsibilities of advisors to recognized student organizations:
1. Maintain regular contact with officers and members.
2. Serve as resource person for the organization on matter of policy and procedure, finances, organizational and personal development, and attend functions of the organization.
3.Assist with the formulation and/or revision of the organization's constitution and bylaws.
4. Encourage and assist the organization to plan active and meaningful programs. Work with officers to promote efficient and effective administration of the organization.
5. Assist the treasurer in maintaining accurate accounting procedures and in formulating annual budgets.
6. If it is necessary for an advisor to resign his/her position, he/she shall notify the organization and Division of Student Life.
Advisor Agreement Statement
I have read and understand the above information. I accept the aforementioned responsibilities and agree to serve ad advisor for the following club/organization:
Advisor Signature (Thiel College Identification Number)
Do Not Fill This Out