Rho Gamma Application Fall 2014
A Rho Gamma (Recruitment Guide) serves in a vital role prior to and during formal recruitment and are an integral part of a successful program. They provide support, friendship, and personal guidance to potential new members going through the formal recruitment process, while promoting the entire Fraternity and Sorority Community at Thiel College.
Recruitment Guides are selected for their enthusiasm and ability to related well to others. Their consistent positive attitude and knowledge of the Sorority community serve to create a positive recruitment experience. They must be dependable, responsible, impartial, and discreet in order to be effective. The Office of Student Activities and Involvement and members of the Thiel College Panhellenic Council will train the Recruitment Guides so that they will be fully-equipped to answer questions about the Fraternity/Sorority Community. While Recruitment Guides will be involved in many fun activities, their primary purpose is to help potential new members to understand the recruitment process, pouring the foundation for new members to have a great and positive experience throughout college and beyond!
Qualifications and Expectations
- Must have participated in the chapter side of recruitment.
- Must have a minimum cumulative G.P.A of 2.5 and be in good judicial standing both with their chapter and Thiel College.
- Must participate in all Rho Gamma scheduled training sessions including weekly meetings and retreats.
- Must participate in all recruitment-related activities as deemed necessary by the Director of Student Activities and Involvement.
- Must be prepared to disaffiliate with their chapter a week before the beginning of the Fall 2014 semester until the end of Bid Day.
- Must follow all disaffiliation and recruitment guidelines as outlined in Panhellenic by-laws and Recruitment Rules. (Note: If you are unclear of what these are or have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: This form must be completed and submitted by Wednesday, April 9 at 3 p.m. Applicants will be contacted for interviews after the deadline and selection will be completed by Wednesday, April 23.
***ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED IN THIS APPLICATION***
Year at Thiel College
Alpha Xi Delta
Zeta Tau Alpha
Have you been a Rho Gamma before?
If yes, when? If no, put N/A.
Please answer the following questions completely.
1. What role does the Rho Gamma fill during Formal Recruitment?
2. Why are you interested in this role and what qualities do you possess that will make you effective?
3. Before Recruitment, many students will be wondering what the Fraternity/Sorority Community is about. What would be your response to that question?
4. Provide a specific example of an experience you encountered during recruitment (either as a potential member or initiated member) that had a positive impact on your decision to join.
5. Provide a specific example of an experience you encountered during recruitment (either as a potential member or initiated member) that made a negative impression on you and how you chose to handle it.
6. What aspect of Formal Recruitment do you feel is the most difficult for a potential new member, and how would you advise her?
7. What do you feel will be the most challenging part of being a Rho Gamma and how will you deal with this should you be selected?
Please upload your current resume.
By checking the box below, I am authorizing the Office of Student and Involvement to check my academic and judicial standings to confirm my eligibility. I also understand the qualifications and expectations of being a Rho Gamma, mentioned at the top of this form, and will meet them without question.
Yes, I agree.
Type the characters from the image below.
Do Not Fill This Out