Thiel College Technology Program Terms and Conditions cont. (5-11)
5. I understand that if there is a hardware or software problem with my device that the technician is not able to resolve immediately, I will turn in my device and, if one is available, I will be issued a comparable loaner device. At the discretion of the Thiel College Support Center this replacement may become my assigned device until the end of this license agreement.
6. I am responsible for loss, theft, or damage to the equipment. I understand that I will be charged a fee for the repair or replacement of any lost, stolen or damaged equipment up to $1,000 per incident. The College has sole discretion in the determination of damages and related costs. The College strongly recommends that all students secure insurance coverage for the value of the equipment.
7. I understand that any incidents of loss, theft or damage must be reported to the College as soon as possible, but no later than 48 hours after the incident. And, further, I understand that I am solely responsible for loss, theft, or damage to the equipment.
8. I agree to return the equipment to the College at a College-determined time and date in the same condition as at the beginning of this agreement, less reasonable wear and tear, and in accordance with current College policy. Notwithstanding any other conditions, I understand that I will not be issued a substitute technology device until the equipment assigned in this agreement has been returned and accepted by the Thiel College Support Center and any assessments for loss, theft or damage have been paid.
9. It is my responsibility to give written notice to the Registrar of any change in my status as a Thiel College student, as well as any address or phone number changes during the period of this license agreement or until all of the equipment is returned to the College. Changes in status may include, but are not limited to, withdrawal, leave of absence, transfer, or a reduction to part time status.
10. I understand that the equipment must be returned immediately if there is any change in my status as a student in good standing at the College. Changes in status may include, but are not limited to, academic suspension, disciplinary suspension, withdrawal, leave of absence, transfer or a reduction to part time status.